Monday, December 28, 2009

Raspberry Dump

I received this recipe about 11 years ago from one of my favorite host families while I was traveling in Up With People. It’s doesn’t have the greatest name or describe what it is for that matter, but it’s delicious!!! It calls for something that I absolutely refuse to use, boxed cake mix! It has ingredients that you can’t pronounce and of course is partially hydrogenated, which I have eliminated from my life. Until there is a great alternative, I used it and gear up my self control. It’s a quick easy dessert that everyone loves!

Raspberry Dump

1 box raspberry jello
1 box white cake mix
1 stick butter
1 cup water
2-3 cups raspberries, frozen or fresh

Preheat oven to 350°. Using a round or oval dish, about 9x9 size, grease bottom and sides. Place raspberries evenly in pan. Sprinkle raspberry jello over berries. Spread cake mix over berries, evenly. In a bowl, melt butter and add water. Pour over all of dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool. Serve warm or room temperature. Best with vanilla ice cream.

This is a sweet dessert! To cut the sweet a bit, only use half of the raspberry jello.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment