Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bones

As I made lunch plans with some reps, the question of “where to eat” is of course on the top of the list. Emily and Pam typically want sushi so when they suggested Bones I was in!


Bones is apart of the family of restaurants by Frank Bonanno, which in my mind are always a fabulous bet! http://www.frankbonanno.com/ I have been to two of his restaurants and had wanted to try Bones. Back in my college days, this location was a little sandwich shop we could count on for a quick bite to eat. Since, it was a coffee and ice cream shop until it was transformed into Bones.


It is a small, quaint and inviting little place that has a feeling of calm. The 7 tables that occupy the little floor space are accompanied by a dine-in bar and outdoor patio. It’s the perfect date night spot that reminds you of a Chicago neighborhood restaurant.


The lunch menu is small with choices to please all. “First” we shared the White Gazpacho with Crab. I’m not sure I would have ordered this on my own, and after the first bite I was sold. The cool broth was light and creamy and filled with garnished grape tomatoes and lump crab meat. A couple of bites each, just enough to tease. The six noodle bowls make your mouth water, except one, it was more of a drool. Ramen: Poached Lobster, Edamame, Miso…need I say more? The bowl arrives with steaming noodles, lobster and edamame. The miso broth is then poured over the bowl, and the aroma takes you to anther land. I dove in immediately and devoured nearly the entire dish.


It’s a must in the Denver restaurant scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment