Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dessert Pizza

Once a year it’s my turn to host Bunco. What does that mean? I have to feed 12 mouths to after working all day, it isn’t easy.

I usually try to get creative or test something I have wanted to try, but this time I decided to do something easy and something I know…pizza. I, unlike most of the group, am not a teacher who has the summer off, so I needed something that I could prepare a bit the night before and finish up the night of. I purchased Boboli crusts at the store, and one thin crust. The Flavors: Sausage with sautéed onions and Garlic cheese pizza. (We ended up only having 7 people, hence only two pizzas. The third pizza was going to be a teriyaki chicken pizza). I also needed dessert, so I decided to make a dessert pizza, why stray from the easy?

Peach, Brown Sugar and Brie Pizza

1 Boboli thin crust
3 ripe peaches, sliced and diced
¼ c brown sugar
1 Brie round, cut into cite sized pieces (15)

Preheat oven to 375°. Heat medium size skillet on medium heat. Before the pan gets really warm, place diced peaches in pan. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring so they don’t stick. Add brown sugar and let this cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour peach mixture onto pizza crust. Cut Brie into small bite sized pieces. Scatter on top of peach mixture, evenly. Put pizza in oven on the middle rack. On the lower rack, place a cookie sheet directly under the pizza. This will catch the brown sugar drips, and then you won’t have to scrub the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is crisp.

Let cool for 5 minutes, cut and serve. If peaches aren’t in season, try apples or pears. Brie goes well with most fruits. It is a simple and easy dessert

Enjoy!

1 comment: