Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 6 - Bean Dip

This reminds me of when I was a kid. During the winter, or cold snowy days after church, occasionally, and I really mean that, my Dad would make Bean Dip for lunch. It was a rare thing, and we loved it. I’m not really sure what it consisted of, I’m guessing a can of beans and melted cheddar cheese. Regardless we loved it. This is a take on my Dad’s bean dip, our Sunday comfort food!

Day 6 – Bean Dip


2 cans Refried Beans (I prefer the vegetarian)
½ c. chopped onion
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 tsp ground cumin
I cup cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
Chicken broth (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté onion, garlic, cumin and olive oil on medium-high heat. Add beans and cook until warm. Stir in cheese until melted. Add chicken broth until desired thickness.

Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, tortillas, pita wedges, veggies.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment